The Party at Coye's

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Birds, Babies, & Marge Simpson's Little Sister


I'm back in Texas for awhile.

Deb and I drove down from Illinois starting Friday night.
Strangest thing... The cheapest gas (2.65)we found on the trip was down the street from Mom's house here in San Angelo.... Go figure.

Things have been busy around Mom's (Coye's) house while I was gone. Tabi climbed the tree out front and made friends with doves that live there.
No zoom on the lens. They let her get that close. She got a little closer and one of the young ones tried to fly off. Before Tabi put it back she thought she ought to introduce it to the landlord.

Family visits: Much of the family have been in from around the country. Peg's son Steve came in from Seattle, (and brought some outstanding fresh salmon, btw). I wish I'd gotten to see him. I haven't seen much of cousin Steve since I was small. I mean, really small. When I was about 4 or 5 I had one of those metal pedal cars? We lived across the street from the Shrine Temple and they had this long, wide sidewalk in front of the building. Steve would push me in the pedal car. We'd go as fast as possible and then slam a hard left turn so as to keep from flying out into Bryant Thruway traffic. Half the time the car would roll and we'd both go wandering into the house with blood dripping from knees and elbows. (Apparently I used to be a lot more durable than I feel these days. Now I'm not so sure that either of us could run the distance in front of the Shrine Temple, let alone bend over and push something that far.)

Gaie, Arlie and Summer were here for the weekends. Summer discovered her new friend the water hose and danced for everybody.

Oh, and now she and Mom share the same hairstyle.

The radiation finally began showing itself, and Mom's scalp in a few places. A new hairdo was in store. After some close shaving she and Summer could be twins... well, maybe not. Meanwhile a summit was held, votes were taken, and just the right NEW YOU hairstyle was chosen. Drumroll please:



I think it is important to point out that, despite what most folks first guess would be. I had nothing to do with this. NOTHING.

Now, for what it's worth, not just everybody can make this look work. Here's proof:




Coming up, maybe we'll do a parade of hats?

We brought a number of them down from Illinois, and several other folks have brought their suggestions by. Maybe we'll have her "show&tell" them for pictures and let folks vote on their favorites. Needless to say, the Queen gets the real vote.

Tommy and his wife, Danielle, came in from Georgia. Apparently I missed a pretty cool private concert. Tommy played for Mom, and Rae got the rare chance at a family picture. Here's the crew:









Finally, just a quick note of thanks for all the kind words and prayers. We appreciate you all.

Selah --

Butch

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home