The Party at Coye's

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Trapped Tween The Pages of My Mind

I find myself brushing off the cobwebs.
So many things thru-out life involve the things we remember.
Seems they are often the bad more so than the good.
One wonders why that is......
when we need to recall the good things in life, we remember the opposite.
Does it relate to the lessons we are supposed to learn and recall?
I remember mom working 2 jobs to keep us all in food and decent housing.
Combined with that were the nites when, I, myself working my first real job, needed that ride home around midnite, and mom... just getting off herself, would pick me up from the Rootbeer stand and we would go back up the street, just a few blocks, to the bar she worked at, to listen to Pinkie play that old piano for a bit before we put it down for the nite.
Yup.. that's right.. this 15 year old kid sittin in a bar... a beer joint.. in west texas... listenin to some old fella playin his way across the ivory's of an old rinky tink piano....
but then, that was the way of it in west texas where bars and dance halls invited folks to bring their kids to the party... only way they could get em out, lol.
I remember my first dance.... at a dance hall with mom and "that other husband" in a bar in the hill country of texas for my birthday........ hhhmmm
dang.... must be somethin here.... memories involve dancin and old bars..... uh..... ok, in growin up I got the bar part right.... reckon I need to work on the memory of the dance...........
That's it... I just need to dance....... I luv ya ma............Dance with me :)
Rae

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home