The Party at Coye's

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Propriety and Decorum

If one were to look for the perfect examples of propriety and decorum one would need to look no further in my family. You'd just waste our time.

I'm pretty proud of that fact. When it comes to Family Situations like this one, my family knows just how much importance propriety and proper decorum really has: not a damn bit.

I'm not going to write much more on that. I try to only tell stories on myself. I'll let others discuss things like grape throwing and weird things with tweezers.


Over the last two months we have been blessed with the opportunity to gather together and talk with Mom. To laugh and cry and say our goodbyes, one on one and in small groups. Now we are gathered again. This time for the last time.

We've laughed and sung, cried and hugged. In some cases there may have been some alcohol involved. In most cases, not. (In my case, I woke up about 4:30 this morning in a chair in the front yard when the paper boy hit me with the newspaper.)

We have professionals “on staff” in the family, and they tell us of the signs to watch for that indicate the time is nigh... hours to days... minutes to hours... minutes to minutes. Last night we gathered and said our final goodbyes. But Mom keeps to her own schedule, as always, and "if you have a problem with it... then you have a problem."

It's 10:30 Tuesday morning. She's still with us. She isn't in pain. She is just waiting for her own time. I was told once that we all have mansions awaiting us in heaven, and that the house will be complete when it's time for us to go. Trust Mom's to be a union job.



Thank you all for your prayers, your thoughts, your love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home